Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A bit more of London

After a week of cleaning the house I did a quick one day trip up to London and fit in a packed schedule. (I could not believe how young these soldiers are! or am I just getting old?! And I must be shrinking!)I saw the changing of the guard, toured the Royal Mews and Buckingham Palace. Once again London wore me out!

The changing of the guard was very crowded but interesting. The Mews was my favorite - horses and carriages! Doesn't get much better than that. The palace was a bit overwhelming. The state dining room was set for a state dinner which is very over the top!Got home tired and had to get back to organizing and getting things ready to ship. I have visitors coming for a few days later this week so have to get as much as I can done as early as possible. Part of me just wants to have them pack it all and deal with it when I get to the states...not the worse idea...

Sunday I taught a bag class with a local sewing group. I also got rid of some of my excess fabric. I brought way too much drapery fabric with me...enough for two houses worth of windows! Needless to say I only made three curtains while I was here...I think I used more making bags!

Well the rain has stopped for a bit so out to clean out the car....am I having fun yet?

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

there you go, let the movers pack and get some rest. glad you got to see a few more things on your list. enjoy your company, but get lots of rest too!

Brenda said...

Glad you had a nice time in London. Thanks for the pictures. Have a nice time with your company.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Thanks for the photos of London! Makes me want to visit there even more! Good luck with the packing. Packing would not be on my list of fun things to do!