Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Home again...

We got back late last night (or was that early this morning?) from our California vacation. It was great seeing my DH's family but I have to say I am exhausted.In one week we visited San Jose, Lake Taho, San Francisco, and Carmel. A lot of territory with a lot of golfing and family get togethers. Fun but exhausting....
While walking the beach we came across this seal making his way back to the water...the bay was foggy every morning which made it possible for me to spend time on the beach!
And this hawk swooped past the deck every afternoon....

The weather was wonderfully cool...glad I missed the heat wave back here in Georgia the past week. The yard is a jungle that I will have to deal with later...where do those weeds come from and how do they get so tall in only ten days?

9 comments:

judith lockhart said...

Sounds like a fun and scenic trip! Thought you must be gone as there was no posting and you update so well! judy

Mary Johnson said...

Beautiful! I love visiting both coasts, and don't realize how much I miss the ocean until I'm visiting or vacationing.

Susan D said...

Nice trip-- you lucked out and got the 'cool week' Tahoe is always nice, but San Jose-- whew! We're nearby-- and today the tide turned-- and it's 94. So yeah, you got lucky.

Loris said...

How nice the weather worked out for you. I happen to enjoy fog as well. Keeps it nice and cool :-)
Enjoy your home sweet home though too. Nothing like it.

sewkalico said...

Welcome back! I didn't know you played golf?

Browndirtcottage said...

...green with envy..those are some of the places I haven't been but want to some day!

Dionne said...

What beautiful pictures. I lived for twenty years in that general area and I was quite homesick reading your post. Now you need a vacation to recover from your vacation!
Cheers,
Dionne

*karendianne. said...

Oh my gosh, those are amazing moments you captured on film!

Clare said...

Love the photos of the hotel in San Francisco.

My sister lives in Los Angeles and vacations at Carmel. She loves it.