Saturday, November 14, 2009

finish it?


I haven't sewn much this week...lots of looking at quiltbooks, did a demo for the quilt guild, and folded lots of fabric (how does it get onto the floor in the sewing room?) Oh ya...the cats....

Found this little (8-inches by 8-inches total) blue drunkards path that I made almost 15 years ago! It was tucked in with Album blocks that didn't make the cut for my first album quilt.

After our quilt show I am sort of just putzing with my quilting...tired I guess. I don't want to jump in and finish stuff right now. Much rather look at patterns, audition fabric, and just zone a bit....I do have to get my act together on my Christmas projects though. I have about 6 bags cut out and cluttering up the kitchen table and a couple of notebook covers that just need bindings...now I just need to get a "finish it" rush...do you think it is in the Eggnog?

7 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I do think you go through ups and downs with quilting...heck with creating. Just depends on the time of year...deadlines...or what ever takes your fancy ;o) believe it or not I've just started a tree skirt...to be finished for this year!! LOL It must be the holidays coming up that have got me in the mood! :o)

jovaliquilts said...

If you spike your eggnog, you may get an it's-time-to-nod-off rush!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

we all need a break sometime. I like the waverunner under the cat. meow!

Twisted Quilts said...

I haven't sewed much this week either. I have thought a lot about it though. I don't have a pressing project right now. I am doing a couple of things but no deadline. I don't feel very productive when in a slump but I do know that it will pass eventually.

*karendianne. said...

I'm the last person to say anything about finishing things. But I'd love to mention how happy I am to see Miss Brownie there in all her glory. What is she saying to us?

sewkalico said...

The planning bit can be the most fun - just enjoy it!

Nines said...

Yeah, as the moon waxes and wanes so do we. Just part of the process. Enjoyed the story of the baking FW box. I'll have to give it a try with mine and my 301.