Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fabric Day...

Today I went over my friend Maggie's house and dyed fabric. It has been years since I attempted this and I was more than a bit nervous but after a few minutes I just decided to go with the flow and have fun with it.In the end it felt somewhere between High School Chemistry and a cooking class. Lots of measuring, mixing, dirty pans, and surprise outcomes! Like why is it Mary who wore and apron didn't get any dye on her and my trousers look like a 5 year old went wild with some markers....
I think Tom the cat was unsure why we wanted to mess with his nice pile of white fat quarters....doesn't he look like an angel in there!
While Jazz, the Jack Russell, kept an eye on her treat barrel...

9 comments:

debbie m said...

Can't wait to see your results...and yes the kitty does look so sweet

Unknown said...

I am so excited as well. Good luck on this one. Keep us updated.

Have a great day!

decorative fabrics

AnnieO said...

Um, I kind of always think of you covered in marker, thread, or hot glue. Sorry.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

what a fun mess!!!! ;-)

sewkalico said...

Looks like fun!

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee. cute kitty and puppy.

Judy in Michigan said...

Looks like you had fun! How did they turn out?? Do you read Kristin in Bend, Oregon? She just did some dyeing too. Check out
Knit one Quilt two for her blog.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Ooh dyeing fabric..now there is something I haven't done for awhile! I ought to while the weather is as good as it is!

Dionne said...

How fun is that! Can't wait to see the finished product. I've always wanted to try hand-dying.
Cheers,
Dionne