Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Festival

My guild's donation quilt made its debut today at the North Augusta Pumpkin Patch Festival. Lots of generous folks donated and got tickets to this beautiful quilt.
It was fun to see the costumes go by...these Mummies were one of my favorites...
Today I had one of those oopps moments...I saw a woman walking by our tent that I thought I knew from years ago. When she saw me she said "hey, how are you," and came over and gave me a hug. We talked about the quilt, she bought a few tickets, then she introduced her grandchildren and then it hit me. This isn't the woman I used to work with...I don't know this woman! I think about that time she realized it too (the "I didn't know you quilted" comment was a turning point.) However being in the South I just smiled and said what beautiful grandchildren she had and she said what a beautiful quilt we had....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe you knew each other from another time...the world is round for a very good reason.
Lovely quilt and I hope you will sell lots more tickets. Good luck

sewprimitive karen said...

Well, you made a new friend anyway! The quilt is beautiful.

Mary Lou Casada said...

Doucha just love the south!? (Although as my Mississippi friend tells me, KY is not REALLY southern! LOL) Love the quilt! I'm glad you had the picture of the mummies! I would have assumed the quilt was wall hanging size -- it's a momma-jomma huge quilt! Very blessed, whoever the winner turns out to be!!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

*karendianne. said...

Ha! What a great experience, well shared. You've kindly shared some of the charm of living in the South. They don't call it Southern Hospitality for nothing.

Loris said...

What a great idea to get your guild's quilt seen! The dog is adorable :-)

Barb said...

what a great quilt - I love the borders.
the mummy is fantastic

Diane said...

I have done that...more than once :) and I am from the south. Born in Texas, lived in Alabama and now in Florida. I am told by everyone I look like someone they know. I guess there are a lot of heavy women with loud mouths running around. LOL

Dionne said...

That is really hilarious! I've mistaken people before, but never to the point I made conversation. I guess I'm just too shy to say anthing until I remember their name. I LOVE the quilt.
Cheers,
Dionne