Saturday, April 14, 2012

Stars and berries...signs of spring



Spring is here with all the good food that comes with it! I love stopping at local farm stands. This strawberry farm is only a few miles away so the strawberries I eat tonight were picked this morning.
And I found an asparagus farm in South Carolina! While living in England I became asparagus spoiled...there was a farm walking distance from my house. Cannot eat "old" grus ever again...
Back to the quilting front. Each year my guild makes a donation quilt to raise money for Camp Rainbow, a medical summer camp for children with cancer. This year the committee decided to do a batik star quilt...I love the colors but am so nervous about how the heck this is all going to come together!

There are an equal number of stars being held by other committee members. We meet to look at the whole thing on Sunday...it could involve lots of coffee and or wine....

9 comments:

Purple Pam said...

It will be great if you are working on it!

Janet O. said...

I love the fresh produce season! A little bit too early here.
Those stars are gorgeous! I think it is going to be a stunning quilt!

Taryn said...

The colors of your stars are pretty. Yumm-o on the strawberries. I love them warmed by the sun right out of the field.

Me and My Stitches said...

Your star quilt is going to be beautiful - I can't wait to see how it comes together.

Impera Magna said...

Love this time of year with fresh strawberries and asparagus! Looking forward to seeing your star quilt assembled...

kelley said...

mmm...berries are my favorite...lucky you ours aren't here until June...

lovely blocks for the charity quilt, looking forward to seeing it togehter...

Judy in Michigan said...

Love the way you have the stars arranged - can't have too many stars!!!

Sue said...

Love your blocks and I agree their's nothing like the Vale of Evesham asparagus . It's just not quite ready here at the moment. That pleasures is yet to come.

sewkalico said...

Asparagus always reminds me of living in Germany - Spargelzeit! Fantatstic! And berries - num!
I'm sure the star quilt will be wonderful.