Monday, December 17, 2012

Easy Street...slow walk.

With all the holiday obligations this past weekend I didn't get too much done on Bonnie's Mystery Quilt, Easy Street.

I knew I would fall behind this week but I scheduled 30 minutes on Saturday and Sunday to stitch.  Amazing how much you can get done when you know you are racing the oven timer!

  It also helped that I had cut too many of the purple pieces for the last flying geese step so I was halfway there for this one!  (lesson learned - do not clean off the cutting table until the mystery is over!)

Yesterday I finished making 8 dozen biscotti and made the batter for mint chocolate and molasses cookies.  Those I bake today.  If I have time I will also make some Kouremmbiethes (Greek Butter Cookie.)  If not I'll make them on Christmas.

This little kitten is our new neighbor.  Macbeth, my scottish terrier, loves kittens and we are having a difficult time keeping him in the yard.  It has been years since he has dug under the fence!  To be honest I didn't think he had it in him (he turns 13 next month!)...but surprise!

So I've had to get more dog toys and bones to keep him active and distracted.  He doesn't really chew on bones...he just carries them around debating where to hide them...it can take hours!

9 comments:

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

I was quickly scrolling down my blogs list - knowing I'll be back later tonight to catch up...but I caught the "8 dozen biscotti" in your write up (it just JUMPED out at me)...darn, was hoping you were sending some to the FIRST person to comment...LOLOL But glad to see I'm not the only with just a few gagglers this week...Looking Great!!! Love the furball pics :)

Frog Quilter said...

Cute kitty and puppy. Lol

Love your colors for easy street. Make sure you schedule some YOU time. It's real important!

Loris said...

What an adorable new neighbor! I can see why Macbeth is enchanted. Hope he likes the new toys and bones.
Great start in your Easy Street steps.

Frances Meredith said...

I have not had much time this week either, but I have 3 days left of work, and then some time to myself - and Easy Street!

AnnieO said...

I've found the timer thing to be helpful too! Cute kitty and yummy looking treats. Not the dog treats...but MacBeth looks pretty adorable wandering around with his precious object!

Browndirtcottage said...

Good for you on The Mystery! I am dragging my feet on starting it, kind of need to finish up what I've already started, but I s-u-r-e do like that flying geese one Bonnie is working on! I just want to stop everything and start one for myself!!

Oh girl, I LOVE biscotti and have made several different kinds through the years. I have finally settled on one recipe that is plainer, sort of like brown sugary with a hint of cinnamon and then I dip the bottom of each piece in chocolate....oh yum!!!

You are soooo industrious with all your baking!!

I'll take that end piece there on that biscotti!!!

Patty ♣ said...

I see the new neighbor came 'with gifts'.. Ha ha...No wonder Macbeth likes the little one! A win win! Love the pictures!

Merilyn said...

Your new furry neighbour is certainly a very beautiful creature, no wonder Macbeth is enchanted LOL!!! Good for you getting all that baking done, it's such a busy time of the year! Look forward to seeing how your Easy-Street project turns out!!! Have a safe and happy Christmas Season!!

Tami C said...

You have some awfully cute furry friends! I haven't done any Christmas baking yet and need to get on the ball. Your blocks look lovely!