Sunday, April 28, 2013

In a bind...


I am so torn today...I want to start a new project.  Not a project that I need to do for the quilt show challenge or for the silent auction or even for Quilts of Valor.  I want to start a project that has no real purpose what so ever...just because.

The other side of me is demanding I finish the yards and yards of black binding that is cluttering my sewing table so I can get is sewn down on my Orca Bay which I've selected to be my May finish quilt...I mean as much as I hate to say it there are no quilt-finish-fairies and this quilt isn't going to finish itself...sigh....

So what is this mysterious project?  Wool...a wool applique pillow that has been on my mind for the past couple of months.  I have all the fabric...I even have the cushion to go inside.  I just need to give myself permission to play...

14 comments:

Diane said...

You've got my permission!

Patty ♣ said...

Permission granted! :)

antique quilter said...

Go for it. Now! Sometimes you just have to do what you want. Have fun

Gretchen said...

No quilt finish fairies? You just burst my bubble! I thought they didn't show up at my house because I wasn't being good enough.
Seriously, start the new project. Have fun.

sewkalico said...

I say do it! However, if the binding gets done, you'll be able to fo the new project without guilt... ah heck, just sweep that black aside and go for it :)

Tonya Ricucci said...

play play play. you have permission!!!! binding can wait. (I should know, I got lots of it waiting).

Teresa Rawson said...

OMG...I do my most creative work when I misbehave...PLAY AWAY!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Janet O. said...

Unless I have a deadline, I work on what is calling to me--rarely does binding call me. : )
My Orca Bay doesn't even have a border yet.

judith lockhart said...

I hope you gave yourself permission to play a little. It is nice to sometimes just work on something with no purpose and just enjoying the creative process! I really like your new profile picture!!

Merilyn said...

Oh! how I know what it is like when the binding of a quilt beckons to be attended to!!!
I generally love that part of quiting making, but this latest quilt is very large, and I'm procrastinating - so I say - have a play, you have permission!!!! That binding is not going anywhere......

Gypsy Quilter said...

Life is short, go play!

Marei said...

I'm with everyone else....permission granted...go and play. Orca Bay will be there whenever you REALLY want to work on it.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Play play play.. You've got to strike while the iron is hot and create when it happens.. There will be time for finishing up another day!

The Civil War Quilter said...

By all means, go play! You'll be refreshed afterwards and ready to tackle that binding.