Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Things are going a bit slowly preparing for the holiday.

I've been down with an MS episode and Brownie has an infected paw....we've both spent a lot of time on the couch!

Which by the way has my favorite comfy-quilt...wool and corduroy made in 1950.

This will keep your warm no matter how cold it gets outside!  That is important since it is rainy and cold outside....

Brownie is having her paw operated on today...hoping it will heal now...

I'm going through recipes for the holidays.  It is fun to remember where each of them came from...pumpkin pie from my hairdresser in Atlanta, Pecan pie from the Quincy Antique show, New Orleans dressing from my Maintenance NCOIC, and Stollen from my neighbors in Berlin.  Most of these are from the 1980's!  A good way to remember friends...

12 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

hope you are both feeling much better very soon x

Janet O. said...

Looks cozy and comfy at your places, for creatures large and small.
I hope you get feeling better soon!

regan said...

I hope you are both feeling great very soon!

Hoping you have a really Happy Thanksgiving!

Frog Quilter said...

Best wishes to you and your special kitty. Hugs.

Frog Quilter said...

Best wishes to you and your special kitty. Hugs.

Purple Pam said...

Hope you are feeling better, and Brownie also.

Happy Thanksgiving

ytsmom said...

Hope you and Brownie are up and about soon. Happy Thanksgiving!

The Civil War Quilter said...

Sorry you're feeling poorly. Hope it doesn't last long. Happy Thanksgiving!

Impera Magna said...

Resting is good and resting with a warm, snuggly quilt when it's cold and rainy out is even better!

Hope Bonnie's surgery went well and that she recovers quickly.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Marei said...

I'm sorry you've been sidelined but hope that you're feeling better soon....and Brownie, too.

Louise said...

I hope you feel better soon. I love the cozy quilt. I've collected some wool clothing to recycle and plan (someday) to make a warm quilt such as yours.

Sherrill said...

Sure hope you're OK Siobhan..you haven't posted in a long time. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.