Friday, December 27, 2013

Clean up in post holiday aisle...

Today I am in serious post holiday clean-up!  By the end of the day all traces of cookie marathon will be banished from the kitchen...

Christmas fabric will be back in the closet...(ok so I made a bunch of Christmas projects which theoretically should have reduced the stash...then came to holiday fabric sales...duh!  Just have to accept there will always be a large, full Christmas fabric bin in my sewing room!)

I am going to take another run at clearing the cutting table so I'll have a clean start to the New Year...It may just take me until the 1st before I see a clean surface!

One of the Christmas items that will stay out for awhile is my Christmas Sampler.  I can't believe it is now ten years old!  I remember making a road trip to Mary Jo's with Tonya to find a plaid border (and scored the Santa fabric for the back in the bargain bin!)  This was also the first quilt that Bonnie Hunter quilted for me (this was back when she did long arm quilting!)

Lots of memories stitched into this quilt!

7 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Yep, I'll always have Christmas fabrics too :*) LOVE your Christmas sampler - and to have it quilted by Bonnie? Now that's special!!!

Janet O. said...

Wish that clean-it-up bug would bite me. : )
Love that sampler. The quilts with the memories are the best!

Diane-crewe said...

I think you are very brave to attempt a clean up xx I have "thought" about it occasionally .. not gone bejond that though xx lol x

Rosa said...

Beuatiful sampler.I have few christmas fabrics.Merry Christmas and wishing you a happy New Year!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

I've managed to resist buying any more Christmas fabric, but i still have a LOT. Wish we lived close by one another so we could easily do road trips again!

cityquilter grace said...

glad you had a merry christmas and blessings for a sew-ful new year!

Purple Pam said...

I am also tossing left over cookies. Then it is washing all the containers. What a job, but it was fun making the cookies and preparing cookies trays for gift giving. Thank goodness Christmas only comes once a year. Love your Christmas sampler.