Monday, March 16, 2015

Pat Sloan visit

me, Pat Sloan, and my friend Paula

This past weekend my Guild sponsored two workshops and a lecture with Pat Sloan. Pat is a quilt designer, teacher, lecturer, fabric designer, author, travel guide, and radio host...yikes!

 Unfortunately I had a fever midweek which kicked my MS into high gear so I was only able to attend the lecture on Sunday.

She is really a wonderful presenter.  Really engages the audience.  Her style is a bit folksy but is inclusive (she also has lines of batiks!)  I've only heard good things from the quilters who took her workshops.

I really enjoyed her explanation of how she uses antique or vintage quilts as inspiration.  Since that is where I get most of my inspirations it is fun to listen to someone on that same path!  I really admire her focus...you all know that is a weakness of mine!

She also mentioned "quilting before the Internet."  Do you remember those days!  How much easier and faster information flies these days...not always sure that is a good thing.  (but that is fodder for a future post...need to think on it awhile longer.)

And of course since there were quilters there were cookies...


3 comments:

Loris said...

Sounds like a fun event...with delicious cookies too!
Hope you are feeling better. No more fevers. They are awful, aren't they?!

Cathy said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love her fabrics and quilts. Hugs

The Civil War Quilter said...

All that eye candy and cookies too?!