Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Getting a lot done...


Things have been very busy around here...

The backyard had to have a lot of work done on it after the construction on the house...good news - we had a downpour last night but the sod and the plants all stayed in place!  Phew...

Also been working on the guild's next donation quilt...

above is our quilt for 2015...

and this is the one in-process for 2016.  Tickets for both of these will be available at our show in November.  Money raised goes to Camp Rainbow, a medically supervise camp for children with cancer.  Someone will go home from the show with the red and green applique.  (me I hope...I love this quilt and buy a few
tickets every time we sell them!)

I've also worked on a couple quilts for the VA...the guild is trying to make 84 quilts and has passed the halfway mark!  We should be doing a delivery soon...

New meds have made a bit of a space-case...slowly getting used to them but have done some dumb things...like burned a pot of chili and made a batch of chocolate chip cookies which may or may not have the vanilla in them!  duh!

7 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

both beautiful quilts. great pic of Dobster. What are the new meds? tell me more.

Sherrill said...

Your guild really makes the most beautiful donation quilts! I'd love to win them all! But then I don't buy tickets so guess there's no chance. :-( You are going gangbusters on the VA quilts! I contacted our local Fisher House recently and they said they were good on quilts and didn't need any. That's a good thing!

Janet O. said...

Gorgeous quilts made by your guild! I'd be buying tickets every chance, too!
Sorry you are dealing with med issues. No fun. Hope you can adapt to them.
I think choco chip cookies would be worth eating, even without the vanilla. : )

Lady of the Cloth said...

Love the raffle quilts, what beauties! I wish I was near to buy a ticket. Sorry your meds are messing with your head. I don't have any excuse though, I made a rhubarb cobbler for a potluck and forgot the sugar! Rhubarb isn't one to do that on. Yikes.
I hope you are feeling better soon.

Taryn said...

I'm a space case without the meds - somehow I moved my wash to the dryer then moved it back to the wash, threw in the dryer sheet and only wondered what I was doing when I went to push the buttons and they weren't where they were supposed to be. Let me know if you need a taste tester for the cookies.

Purple Pam said...

Hope you are better with your meds. Love those guild quilts.

Barb said...

what a sweet kitty!
Wow your guild goes all out with their raffle quilts - wonderful.
Hope you are feeling better. the cookies look good,vanilla or no.