Friday, November 27, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving...a bit late!

Sorry I missed sending a Happy Thanksgiving post...seem the flu got to me early this year!

So we spend a quiet one this year.  I did get up long enough to make a pecan pie, some dressing, and a new recipe that combined butternut squash, kale, onion, cranberries and pecans...sounds bizarre but it was really good!

Wish it photographed better...

Speaking of photographs...one of my photos (the one a the top of this post) is going to hang at an exhibit at the McCormick Arts Council building in December!  Don't you just love the quilt "block" hanging on the front of the building.  The exhibit starts on the 4th of December.  The photos will be from the Chicks that click group.  Looking forward to it.  McCormick has a lot going on for a small town!

Anyway, Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and survived the Black Friday craziness!



5 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Please take care of yourself and feel better soon!

Judy in Michigan said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Glad you are on the mend. Congrats on having one of your beauties hung!

Tonya Ricucci said...

I had a roasted squash and kale salad very similar to that. It had a creamy goat cheese base.

Janet O. said...

Sorry you were sick over the holiday. That is no way to celebrate! : )
Congrats on your photo display. You have so many talents!

Unknown said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. 100% Polyester Melange