Sunday, March 05, 2017

Progress and MS awareness week

Well I've stuck with the heart project and made a lot of progress.  This pattern/method is not for the faint of heart!

It still needs a lot of time on the ironing board for a good press and some squaring up but I'm happy with it so far.  Also needs a row on the bottom as I made the quilt much wider than long and I'd like it to be square.  Also this will make the top and bottom rows not have bias on the edge.  I will be appliqueing many wool heats to this so having stable edges will be a bonus!

Some of my favorite fabrics saw the last bits go into this quilt...

I'll miss the Mary Englebreit teapot fabric!

This week is Multiple Sclerosis awareness week so I will be posting a bit about MS.  Can't believe it has been 14 years since I was diagnosed!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Just loving your heart. Well done!! :-)

Loris said...

Your heart quilt is looking beautiful! It really is full of interest and wonderful with the bits of fabric pulling it together.
I'm praying MS and its warriors get the attention needed this week. More research and doctor's well educated in the best treatment is a good start as well as hope and courage to those living it.

Janet O. said...

That heart is amazing. I cannot fathom the making of it. You have done a beautiful job.
Have watched my daughter deal with many of those symptoms. Praying for a cure!!

Elaine Adair said...

Wow - I am reading your orange list of MS Symptoms. I take my hat off to you - you must be made of steel under your genteel appearance! Thank you for helping others understand and be more considerate.

BTW, that heart project "Not for the faint of heart" is amazing beautiful, esp. with those soft fabrics in the background.

Elaine Adair

Patricia Lessell said...

Your heart is amazing. Just love it and want to make it. I was diagnosed with MS 25 years ago. I'm going to look at the MS awareness thing. Thanks for sharing. Patti πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–