Saturday, March 10, 2007

Walk in the countryside


My DH and I participated in our first organized country walk Saturday. It was beautiful...lots of sheep, lambs, horses, and dogs. The photo on the left shows a field of sheep with their 1 week old lambs. Spring!!! The weather was perfect. It finally stopped raining late in the week and though there was lots of mud it was possible to find your footing. The trek started in the village of Withington and went 5 miles in a loop through the hills. I think the last time I walked that far I was in uniform with a very large rucksack on my back! This was definately nicer.
The walk started and ended at the Mill Pub. It looks exactly like what an American thinks a country pub should look like! Lots of small rooms with big fireplaces. The food was very good and the cider great. (I was famished by the time we got there!) I wanted to post more photos but Google isn't participating...I'll try again later.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

IT looks lovely there, esp as we are still knee-deep in snow here.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thanks for the travelog/hiking adventure... wonderful scenery and you provided valuable pub insight as well!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Lambies!!!! I love those little bouncy creatures. Lovely for you to have spring at last. Mmmm Steak and Ale Pie is my pub food of choice - wish I could be there too.

His Office, My Studio said...

Great way to spend time with DH, be outside and see the sight. Cant wait for warmer weather here in Chicagoland.

Clare said...

Isn't it amazing how the temperature goes up a few degrees and everything changes. It's gorgeous here too and the grass is green green green (and long :( )