Monday, January 10, 2011

Block a week

Two weeks and I'm keeping up...may be a record! This is part of Barbara Brackman's new Civil War Quilt history blog. I've put up a special "design wall" so I can keep the blocks in view (out of sight out of mind is not good for long term projects!)
We got slammed with ice and snow last night...they say it will continue until tomorrow morning. Good thing I made lots of Beef Barley Soup last night and bought lots of coffee and cat food...ready for a long hunker-down if need be! (oh ya, and I have lots of fabric and quilting projects to keep me busy!)
Can you believe I filled this bird feeder last night! The birds are treating like a McDonald's drivethrough! By noon it was empty and the ice had frozen the top shut. I ended up putting some seed on plates and setting them into the snow. I'm amazed how many different types of birds I saw...cardinals, orioles, a chickadee, and many small birds that I can't quite id.

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

Sounds exactly like my house! I stayed home, watched the birds, drank lots of coffee and sewed. Lovely snowstorm in Atlanta!

Loris said...

Love the pic of the birds. Is that a female cardinal on the branch above the feeder? Thank you for looking out for them. It sure looks cold out there. I hope it makes for some good sewing time.

qltmom9 said...

I found the CW blocks because of you. LOL, if you keep showing your blocks, I"ll stay reminded to keep up because I read your blog ALL the time. LOL, so, keep up the good work, OK?

Lucy (in IN)

AnnieO said...

Sounds like a day best spent playing with fabric! Great job keeping up with the block a week (I know I couldn't!!!)

Tonya Ricucci said...

that is sooo not what GA is supposed to look like! glad you're taking care of the poor birds!

McIrish Annie said...

we are waiting with anticipation for the storm that hit you. They are predicting 8-12 inches here. I've already made arrangements not to go to work. Can't wait to hit the sewing room!!