Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!



Happy Thanksgiving!

Things I'm thankful for....the Diningroom is ready for the tablecloth and placesettings and of course the food! Do you have a "standard" for you Thanksgiving celebration? My DH insists on homemade pecan pie and New Orleans style dressing (has sausage, onion, peppers, mushrooms and apples...)
I finally gave up waiting for the painter/decorator to show up and went ahead and painted my front door yesterday...I am thankful it came out ok! (still have to do the frame but that is a post holiday project....)
And finally I am really thankful that I finished step one of Bonnie Hunter's mystery....

6 comments:

regan said...

Your dining room and door look great! And congrats on week 1 of the mystery. I have yet to start it! Eek!

Have a great Thanksgiving.....eat lots of pie!

Impera Magna said...

Your front door looks gorgeous! You did a great job with it... and the color is lovely!

Cool turkeys! Immediately reminded me the the turkey salt & pepper shakers that were my mom's and are on my dining room table right now! That is definitely a tradition in my house... and the grandchildren are fascinated with them.

Congratulations on finishing all those teensy little blocks! Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful!

Janet O. said...

Beautiful paint job!
We are very traditional in our celebration dinner, and that is what DH likes--including the homemade pecan pie. Glad my sister makes that one--I do the pumpkin, pear and occasionally a razzleberry.

Tonya Ricucci said...

all looks beautiful. New Orleans Thanksgiving sounds yummy. we just went and picked up food. this kitchen is way too small to cook in. that's my excuse for this year anyway.

straythreads said...

Love the blue door. Celegrating Thanksgiving all weekend long.
Blessings
Ann

Purple Pam said...

Your table and decorations are beautiful. Very festive. Congrats on getting part 1 done on Bonnie's newest mystery.