Tuesday, November 01, 2011

seeing stars...

The past couple of days I have been playing catch-up on some on-going projects...interestingly they all involved stars!Do you hold onto articles and patterns from old magazines? I've had a quilt by Georgina Fries on my idea board since December 2004! That means this has made it through two transatlantic moves. I had even started a box with bits of blues and greens and shirtings. The blocks above are for that project...it has moved from the idea board to the to-do list!This block is from the Halloween quilt I didn't quite finish for this year's holiday...only one more block to go so it is very likely I will have it ready for next year (as long as I don't pack the whole project up and let it hide in the closet!)

Above is the new donation quilt by my guild. The pattern is from "Quilts of Charm and Grace." The proceeds go to Camp Rainbow, a summer camp for children diagnosed with cancer. I printed off some photos for members of the guild.

I am so behind in my CW blocks! I did make this one though and if I can make one more before Saturday (when the next block comes out) than I am getting ahead of the game...I made a couple of 12 inch stars for a quilter in Tennasee who is collecting them to make quilts for the family and friends of a soldier killed in Afghanistan.

13 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I just tagged a quilt pattern that is similar to your blue/green stars quilt... it'll be a while til I get to it however it won't be seven years! ;)

You've been busy with all that sewing... makes me want to skip this afternoon's meetings and go straight home...

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love each and every one of the stars! It's one of my favourite designs.

Janet said...

I love stars! They are fun to sew and I never get tired of star quilts. I like all your stars here very much. Now I have to go check any Dec 2004 magazines I have stashed away :0)

Donna Keating said...

Stars are a favorite of mine as well. Your Civil War quilt blocks are coming along well.

Sandra Kaye said...

Love the quit with the flag on it. I need to make my son a quilt. He is a Marine. I'm looking for red white and blue patterns. LOve it!! Hugs

Karen said...

I thought the donation quilt pattern looked familar. I was just looking at the book it is in earlier today. The guild made a good choice.

Taryn said...

I like the blue and green combo and stats of all shapes and styles are always a favorite.

Janet O. said...

Love those blue and green stars--love those colors together--so soothing. Lots of projects, what to do next?
I know John'aLee will be grateful for the star blocks.

Barb said...

Great stars. I love the blue and green together it's different and works well!
Never get tired of star quilts

bingo~bonnie said...

I love that first photo of your blue and green project. :) Wow, I'm impressed it's survived 2 moves!! I just recently moved from TX to IN and am slowly finding fabrics and projects that go together. I thought I was organized... apparently not. lol

Love from Indiana! ~bonnie

Dawn said...

Yes - I hang on to patterns for a while (somethimes years) before I make them! Love the green and blue, I can see why you hung onto it.
Great donations you made!

Nancy said...

Super stars... blocks and quilts! I enjoyed your blog. That newspaper piece with the hats is priceless. I love vintage images, esp. those with women wearing hats. What fun.

Jan said...

Can't get enough of star blocks and quilts - I particularly like the blue stars with green,scrappy alternate blocks!