Sunday, February 05, 2012

Weekend wanderings...



It is still unusually warm here in Georgia but I was still surprised to see my daffodils blooming and a beautiful bluebird in my yard this morning. Feels like everything is a month early!
Have you noticed all the blogs with advice about cleaning/organizing you sewing room? Lots of good ideas about de-stashing or focusing on keeping what you need close at hand...heck I just want a path so I can get to the fabric and my sewing machine without breaking my neck! One of the most useful things I learned in the Army was how to do a three-point landing....not just useful for jumping out of a plane...

But I am trying! In the past few days I have sorted at least a dozen boxes and bags of scraps. I found two sets of donation quilt blocks that quickly become tops. I'm going to bring these to my guild meeting on Thursday and see if anyone is willing to quilt them up for the local Ronald McDonald house. A question...can you count it as a finish if you didn't know the UFO project was there?

The big exercise was the refolding of my antique and vintage quilts. They have their own closet. I take them out of the acid free box and lay them on the queen size bed. If they are folded in muslin I wash the muslin otherwise I check the acid free tissue and replace when needed. Then it gets loosely folded, put back into the box and into the closet. A few are rotated onto the walls in the hallway....I try very hard to keep the animals out of the room during this but as you see that is almost impossible. I went out to answer the phone and didn't even see Goldie slip past me...
this is what I came back to!



10 comments:

Impera Magna said...

You've jumped out of a plane???

*faint faint*


If you finish something, even if you didn't know you had it, it counts as a FINISH imho!

Goldie coordinates well with that lovely antique quilt!

Richard Healey said...

Any completion is a completion. Great job. And love the flowers.


http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
Stop by for my quilt givaway to guess my babys b-day and weight.

Janet O. said...

I vote for counting the finishes, too. You did finish them!!

Me and My Stitches said...

Definitely a finish. I think your sweet kitty just wants to make sure your quilts are ok!

Libby said...

It's a finish! Trust us! Look at little Goldie..she is making sure that you are folding everything just right! I'm in Georgia too, yesterday we had the windows open and it was so nice! A little cool here today.

Loris said...

Yep, bring out a different quilt and it's a cat magnet. I also notice that phenomenon with different fabric pieces...either new from the store or just "new" from the cupboard. I think they are just "blessing" our endeavors and for some reason I still feel compelled to take a picture of it almost every time. I am easily entertained :-) Goldie is doing a great job!
I think you definitely get credit for finishes especially when you are sending them on for charity. They will be loved!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Can you blame Goldie? She obviously knows a good thing when she sees it!

Merilyn said...

Goldie has good taste LOL! How could she resist!
I think it's a finish!!!!

Helen in the UK said...

Just a little bit of quilt appreciation!!

Jenni said...

Cat camouflage.