Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chip It

So I'm trapped indoors for yet another day...I may never trust the weatherman again!  He promised the heat wave was going to break today...now he says tomorrow...ya, and tomorrow I'll wake up and fit in a size 6 again....

I did find something very fun to play with on the computer.  Graphicsfairy.blogspot.com is using a new program by Sherwin Williams called "Chip It!" to select paint colors for her diningroom.  This program is so fun.  Basically you upload a photo and it selects paint colors from the photo.  I used a couple of photos from my favorite lighthouse and got the color palette that I already have in my livingroom!

  So I then used one of my favorite garden photos from England and got a great palette that I could use in my kitchen!  Glisten yellow...

I know many of you are already thinking...I could use this to develop a palette for my next quilt!  You could also upload you quilt photo and find a paint color for the room....

I tried it with a couple quilts and was happy to see it doesn't match the colors exactly but gives paint colors that works with the entire quilt...all an all good fun and a good tool for the next DIY project!

5 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

What fun!

Betty Lou said...

zAnother place to play, what fun. I will have to try the site.

Jeanne said...

Sounds like fun. I'll have to check it out. I'd like to wake up and be a size 6 again, too. :0

Janet O. said...

This is a very fun idea. I don't know if I dare start playing--I may never stop. : )

Clare said...

We can but dream! I'd love to wake up a size 6 again!