Thursday, October 08, 2015

Fall decorating...

So I thought I get a bit of decorating done inside to get ready for fall...

Imagine my surprise when I went to dust off the top of the hutch in my dining room and found I still had a few Santas out!  Please tell me I'm not the only one to ever have done this!  The Santas are blue and white and just sort of hid out among the blue and white plates...

hopefully no-one noticed...or maybe they just thought I was being eccentric!  Ya, that's it...I'm eccentric!  or even eclectic!  I can work with that!

So down comes the red, white and blue Goose in the Pond...

and up will go my Crab Apple Trees (Bonnie Hunter pattern.)

Shells, sailboats, and lighthouses are boxed up and up goes some Torquay motto-ware, pewter, and sheep!

lots of blue disappears and is replaced with lots of browns and neutrals...

well maybe not all neutral...

I think I'll only get the living room finished...off to a quilting retreat for the weekend!  Lots and lots of binding and sleeves to sew on!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I’ve done it. On top of the china closet too! :-)

Janet O. said...

Oh, that is pretty cute about the Santas. I sometimes find leftover Christmas things for a month or two after Christmas, but I believe you have set a record. : )
LOVE your Goose In The Pond!
Oh, I was going to have my Crabapples quilted for this Fall--didn't happen. : (

Tonya Ricucci said...

I've got some Halloween out all year, so see no reason to not have Santa. your decor looks fab.