Thursday, May 12, 2016

Another quilt for the VA...

A few months ago a dozen pieced 12-inch blocks were donated to the quilt guild.

They were really well done. The fabrics are all civil war reproductions.  I added sashing and cornerstones to make a 9-patch secondary design and then added a border with 4-patch corners to camouflage the fact the border fabric had to be pieced!  (I even had some of the fabrics the maker used in the blocks!)

Now the to just needs to be quilted and then I can put it in the pile to be donated to the memory unit at the local VA.  I think the last count for our Guild is around 125!

So I think I deserve a piece of this banana cake with peanut butter fudge frosting!

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

That quilt came together very nicely!
Oh, banana cake--LOVE it. Now that you have me thinking about it, I need to search out a gluten free recipe to satisfy the craving. *LOL*

Vic in NH said...

What a beautiful quilt that you put together for the memory unit! And that frosting on the banana cake looks thoroughly decadent, yum!