Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Helpful things...

Though I am pretty much a traditional quilt when it comes to techniques I am always on the lookout for something to make the process a bit easier (and safer!)
A Splendid Sampler block from Pat Sloan's sew along....
So here are a few of the things I've added to my sewing space the past couple of months that I like.

First, a new sewing chair!  The difference between this and the office style chair I was using is "huge!"  This one goes up much higher making it easier to get to the right height for us vertically challenged folks (aka...short!)  Also the seat is much larger giving me a larger landing spot...yes, this purchase was sparked by my missing the seat on my old chair and landing not so gracefully on the floor!  Duh!  I think the base with the rollers may be larger and more stable as well...

Also in the photo above is my new peg-board!  How many times have you gone out and purchased a new _____ (fill in the blank)___ even though you knew you had one?  I'm hoping this pegboard will help eliminate some of that!

On the smaller side...I am loving this tinted 2-1/2 inch ruler from Missouri Star!  The measuring lines sort of glow making them so much easier to see!  And it is small so easy to carry in the sewing tote.  Even on a bad MS eyesight day I can use this ruler...now, that my friends is sayin' something!

This little wooden rotary cutter stand came from a recent quilt show...wish I could remember who I bought it from.  I usually have a fairly messy cutting table...ok, I almost always have a messy table!  Having a set place that stands out from the piles for the cutter has been a real bonus!  Also, it is easier for me pick it up when it is already almost standing.  Only down side is the stand is the same color as the table...thinking of painting it a really bright color!

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looks like your sewing room is really taking shape. You have some handy additions there. I wish I had room for a peg board--love it!

Purple Pam said...

Yes, paint your rotary holder a bright, neon color so you can find it easier. All your changes/additions make life easier for you. Good for you for implementing those additions.