Monday, January 09, 2017

Quilts 4 and 5!

Here is the continuation of yesterday's post on the new-to-me quilts.  Did discover something last night as I was going through photos...all five quilts have a pint print backing.  Different fabrics but all pink fabrics!  Another reason I believe they may have been made by the same quilter.

So here is Quilt #4...a hst on diagonal.  Doesn't it have a great contemporary feel to it!  I think it is circa 1950...
Close-up of Q-4, the grey makes it look modern no?

Like the other quilts it has a lot of pink in the backing!

Q-5 is another simple one-patch.  This one is the smallest in the bunch - 39x57 inches.

I think it is circa 1940.  It has some fun fabrics and a few are in one of the hexagon quilts (another hint they were made by the same quilter!)

Yup...pink backing!  Binding back to front...

Watson is guarding the quilts but also thinks I am spending too much time with them!

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Wonderful quilts! The first one does have a contemporary feel to it. Although it is vintage, I think my boys would like that one. Would probably even call it badass! Lovely, all of them. Thanks for sharing. ;^)

Sherrill said...

Poor Winston..he looks like he wishes he could be doing something OTHER than guarding the quilts! HA