Saturday, July 22, 2017

Day to play and day to work

My selection for viewers choice...great use of fabric!  A Karen Stone pattern.

Yesterday I took a break from organizing and packing and went to a quilt show with some of my wool-ie buddies.
Susan Edmondson's booth...always bright and creative!
The show was up in Columbia S.C.  Oddly since it was a sweltering 100 degrees out being inside and looking at quilts seemed like a good thing!

Now I know it also sounds a bit crazy to be shopping when I am packing to move...

I didn't buy big stuff...
Some threads and neutrals from Shakerwoods Woolens
Mainly threads...

and a couple yards of Phillip Jacobs that will go well in Florida!

Today it is back to the to-do list!  We are having movers do the majority of the packing and moving.  After the last two moves however I decided that I will always pack and move my quilt collection myself.

If I pack a few each day then the van will be full Monday.

Of course I've been packing a few each day for weeks!

It is fun to unfold and look at each quilt before packing.  So you can see why this takes so long!

The other big project for the day...getting all the cat hair off of the rugs!

It is a nice sunny day with a bit of a breeze.  So good day for getting the fuzz off the rugs then roll them up before Goldie and roll all over them again!

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

It's a good thing to take a break, and a quilt show is a great place to do it. And retail therapy is helpful, too. : )
Sounds like you have a lot of experience with moving. I have only done it once since I have been married, and I can't imagine tackling it now, with everything we have accumulated.

Rebecca said...

I was raised in a military family ... went from coast to coast.
The trick Mama said was to move every 5 years or not at all.

Gypsy Quilter said...

It's such a chore moving the sewing room. I've done it many times also. Glad you were able to get away and enjoy the quilt show. Love the shell fabric. Thanks for sharing.

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

MANOOOL said...

samarjeddah
شركة سمر جدة

شركة عزل خزانات بجدة
شركة مكافحة صراصير بجدة
شركة تعقيم منازل بجدة
شركة مكافحة العته بجدة
معلم بلاط بجدة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة