Monday, July 17, 2017

The things you find...

There is a lot of "stuff" in our house.  That said, we are making great progress in sorting and packing.

I have to keep an eye on my husband as he would toss anything that he doesn't immediately recognize...like a box of block doesn't have value since it isn't a quilt!  Yup...got to keep and eye on him.
Been gathering lace and wool for this quilt for years and it almost went to the charity shop!

Of course I am guilty of trying to finally get rid of a box of record albums that we have hauled around at least 4 moves and never taken out of the box...but I told him I was doing it.  That is why the box is back in our hallway...he is "thinking about it."

But on the bright side I found some scraps of my favorite fabric that I thought was long, long gone....

I so wish they would reprint this Paris fabric!

On the other hand I found 3 yards of this superhero fabric!  What was I thinking?

I am also putting aside a few items for the American Quilt Study Auction at this year's seminar in New Hampshire.  Not sure yet if I will be able to go but I want to support the organization.  I've narrowed down the quilt donation to one of two: the red, white and blue rocky road to kansas in the photo above or the circa 1880 braid quilt below.

I also have a few books that will go up there and maybe some blocks...

first...a nap...

8 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I have always said you don't know how much stuff you have until you start to move. Sounds like you have found some good stuff, some surprises and maybe some which needs to go

Janet O. said...

Funny how each of you are trying to get rid of the other's things. : )
Those are great vintage quilts!

cityquilter grace said...

moving is an adventure, no doubt....still tweaking my new place after over a year....

Rose Marie said...

I do think my next EPP project will just have to be the braid quilt. So simple, yet so lovely.

Health is Wealth said...

Apna Showroom Baby's Cotton Socks (Multicolour, 6-12 Months) - Designer - Fancy - Attractive
Apna Showroom Designer Baby Girl's Woolen Sweater Skirt Frock Dress (for 18-24 Months) (kvjjvkvj_Rose_227))
Apna Showroom Baby Kids Winter Sweater (6-12 Month) with desent Look
Apna Showroom Designer Baby Girls Fancy Skirt Frock Dress 2-3 Years Pinkwith desent Look
Apna Showroom Designer Baby Girl's Cotton Fancy Skirts Combo - (Pink Color, 0-6-12-18-24 Months 2-3-4 Years)

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Unkonwn said...

يبحث اغلب المستثمرون في قطاع تعبئة وتغليف الاغذية والمشروبات عن شركات تصنيع العبوات البلاستيكية حيث يجب الاهتمام بالحصول علي عبوه غير متفاعل مع المواد الغذائية لكي لا تفسد المنتج، فتقوم شركة بلاستيك هوم بتصنيع عبوات بلاستيكيه من مواد مصرح استخدمها دولياً في التعبئة بالمواد الغذائية، حيث لا تتفاعل العبوه مع اي منتج تحتويه بداخلها سواء كان تحت ضوء او حرارة.

Unkonwn said...

مصنع ناسكوتريد يعتبر واحدًا من أبرز مصانع أحذية سيفتى في مصر والمنطقة بأكملها. يتميز هذا المصنع بسمعة ممتازة في توفير أحذية سيفتي عالية الجودة وذات مواصفات فنية متقدمة. تجمع منتجاته بين الأمان والراحة، مما يجعلها الخيار الأمثل للعاملين في مختلف الصناعات والقطاعات.