Thursday, January 05, 2012

Out and about...

Today I went to my morning guild meeting...felt like it had been ages since I had seen all these folks!

Of course my favorite part is show and tell...we have some really good quilters in this group!

This Christmas decoration started with grandchildren's hand-prints and some photo transfers...

There are always some new ideas on bags because you know how we quilters love to have lots of bags for all our "stuff!"

The "King Daliea..."

The program was on projects for Valentine's day including how to work with doilies to make a heart themed wall-hanging.

I'm thinking this would be fun with a wild background and maybe some stamping and paint on the doily...but not matter what I wouldn't have it ready for next month so I am not starting...in fact with all this activity I'm going for a nap....

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sleep tight!

Richard Healey said...

My wife loves hearts and would have loved to see the heart quit ideas. Last night I finished one for my unborn baby (due end march) its a rag quit with 3 colors one of which was kinda blaw so my wife made hearts which I sewed to the blocks half inch in and she frayed the edges same as the rest of the rag quilt. Any way love hearts.

Dawn said...

Fun to see all the great quilts. Looks like it was a good meeting, and a great reason to get out of the house ;-)

Merilyn said...

Nice to catch up after the Christmas madness! We had our first quiltbee meeting too this morning and it was so nice to catch up with everyone and see what we had all been working on!

antique quilter said...

isn't show and tell fun! Great to get out to isn't it?
Ok Love that quilt by Goldsmith and Jenkins
its just beautiful
thanks for sharing the show and tell I love seeing others quilts!
Have a great weekend
kathie

Purple Pam said...

Thanks for sharing your group's activities. After all that I would want a nap too! Happy Slumber!