Friday, January 13, 2012

Packed and ready to go...

I am packed and ready to head out to my guild's retreat...I love retreats. We have a big room for all the quilters then head to the cabins in the woods at night. Most of us take turns cooking so we get together for dinners in a predetermined cabin...all fun.

My mystery quilt is all packed, my blue and green star quilt, and some applique for the springs and stars. Also have a couple of backs washed and press that still need to be sewn together. Should keep me busy for a few days.

A fellow quilter gave me these unfinished dresden plate blocks. Think they are from the 40's. Like I am so good at finishing my own UFO's that I can start taking in other quilters abandoned projects? but I do love there blocks...

I'm am sorry I am going to miss seeing the Pat's play Saturday night and a good political rally tomorrow...but quilting calls...


9 comments:

Richard Healey said...

I like the circles. Its a great friend that dumb's their unwanted stuff on you.


http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Janet O. said...

Sounds like a lot of fun to be had at your retreat. Those Dresden plate blocks will be great finished up, but getting them to that point amidst all your other projects will be the trick!

Donna Keating said...

You know, I've inherited some, too from a great-great aunt. They are from the 1940s best I can tell. Right now they are neatly stored in a large round box waiting for attention.

antique quilter said...

what fun! enjoy your self and can't wait to see what you finish at the retreat!
Kathie

*karendianne. said...

Have a superb time my friend and I love those plates. As for the items you have packed - you're probably to busy to share which one is favored to finish but if you were here I'd love to know.

Ahh, enjoy yourself!!! Happy for you. *karendianne.

regan said...

Love those dresden plates. I was just looking at my inspiration book, and I saw one in there.....they are black blanket stitched to a mossy-green bakcground, with the center open to the background. It's beautiful, and I was thinking to do a stack of gifted ones I have that way. How funny no one wants to keep these! lol I love 'em!

Diane-crewe said...

hope its a good one xx

Merilyn said...

Love the vintage dresden plates, I'm sure you'll give them a new lease of life - fresh eyes and all that!!!
Have fun at your retreat!

quiltmom anna said...

I hope that you have a grand time at the quilting retreat. I am sure it will be a fabulous time.
Those dresden plates are really terrific.
Happy New Year to you and yours Sio.
Warmest regards,
Anna