Saturday, March 10, 2012

National Quilt day...a week early

Due to some scheduling problems...including a St. Patrick's day party...my guild decided to celebrate National Quilt day a week early.
We decided to spend the day working on donation projects. All and all I think we got about a dozen quilt tops together. One is for the local veteran who is getting an accessible house next month


the others will be finished up and given to the Ronald McDonald house which provides family's a place to stay while their children are being cared for a local children's hospital.


It goes without saying we also had lunch that included and amazing amount of desserts...it is a sort of southern law that if more than three women get together there has to be at least three desserts....

9 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Looks like many people will benefit from you works today. I like that Southern Law.

regan said...

That's a law that should NEVER be broken! :o)

Diane-crewe said...

I think that is a WORLD WIDE law....isnt it? xx

Janet O. said...

I love that quilt for the veteran. Nice symbolism and the design really dances!

Impera Magna said...

What a lovely quilt (the one with the house in the center) and perfect for the veteran!!!

The more desserts the better, imho!

Finn said...

All the quilts are just lovely. I especially like the strip twist one with the house in the center. I didn't know about that southern law, but it sounds good to me! hUGS, fINN

Merilyn said...

The veteran quilt top looks great, I'm sure he'll love it. What a worthwhile way to spend a day, using your skills for the benefit of others! Southern Law sounds good LOL!!!!

Clare said...

I like the twist quilt too. Just right for a veteran.

Sherrill said...

I LOVE the way you put the house 'medallion' in the center of the strip twist pattern. Beautiful!