Saturday, March 24, 2012

Where did the week go...




The past week was a blurr...
lots of quilting visits (isn't this a great conversation print!),
catching up on projects,
and trying to rid myself of a spring cold....

My friend Rachel came by and dropped off a Hydrangea that came from her garden for my garden. (Aren't friend plants the best!) She also brought her little (10-1/2 inches) New York Beauty for a visit. I love doll quilts and miniatures...
Also wanted to share this photo of a quilting friend's DMC threads all lined up in an antique spool cabinet...

I working on my Sprigs and Stars quilt for a few days. I needed to catch up. How bad is that to only be in March and already be a month behind! As of last night I am on track...can't believe two rows are finished! (Not that you can tell with the camera-hog cat laying on top of the blocks....)
Today I'm going to kit up my April and May applique blocks then put the whole thing away and go back to work on the Russian Sunflower...


11 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Well, I think 'your' week ran away with 'my' week....yep, that's what I think happened!!

Teeny tiny doll quilt is fabulous and your kitty is crazy like my little goober dog!!

I hope today finds you feeling better!

Richard Healey said...

I love the cat sprawled out. That's how mine looks all the time. I have a big cat that has lately when I'm cutting climbs up on the table and just lays in the middle of what I am trying to do crazy cat good thing it has nine lives.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http:// my1pictureaday.blogspot.com/

AnnieO said...

That NY Beauty is amazing! i can't imagine working on something so intricate yet so small. Love the perle cotton drawer and the sprawled out kitty. Hope your cold vanishes like the week did :)

Taryn said...

I like for the weeks to zoom by so I can get to the weekend. I am impressed with your stars and sprigs progress. Don't tell me you are behind. Smart idea to kit up some blocks.

Janet O. said...

Love that NY Beauty!! Impressive!
Your Sprigs and Stars quilt is coming right along. It is a great pattern. If I did applique that would be on my bucket list. : )
Kitties, cameras and quilts seem to go together.

Merilyn said...

Sorry to hear you are still under the weather, hopefully soon with the warmer days ahead you, you should start to pick up again.
Your friends' NY Beauty is amazing given its small dimensions! Cats always love to be in the middle of what you are doing LOL!!!

Impera Magna said...

The cute kitty photo totally distracted me from that great NY Beauty... and that cabinet filled with threads...

Time does seem to be zipping by right now....

*karendianne. said...

Yes, that is a cool conversation piece. Love it. Love Goldie taking up the prime spot in the work area. She's a silly, cuteamous catamous! That NYB is amazing and that stash of DMC thread is divine, okay? Just divine. Yummy. I love hearing from you. :)

Betty Lou said...

You can say one thing about quilters, we are never bored. Time goes so quickly when you love what you are doing. Thanks for sharing your projects.

Frog Quilter said...

Adorable cat. Always the center of attention....Cute NY beauty....

Sharon said...

The mini quilt is just Amazing! So small, and love the colors!

Your kitty cracks me up! That photo just made me laugh. Why do they love to do this? My cats do it too. Crazy cats.

Hope you're feeling better by now. And I hope this week is going better than last!