Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy on the March....

Right now attention has gone from the elections to following the Hurricane Sandy as she marches up the East Coast.  To any of you in her path, please stay safe!  (Take a cue from Goldie and curl up in quilt!)
                                          Goldie on Ribbon Candy...she isn't making it easy to finish those borders!
I'm already reading of folks who have been "stuck" in Houston due to cancelled flight (I'm having a hard time feeling bad for them!  They just have to go to the Houston Quilt Show now....), some with snow falling (which is wrong before Halloween!) and others bracing for the winds and rains.  Sounds like a good time to curl up with some hand stitching or a good book.

Which by the way, I have gone through books at an alarming rate the past couple of weeks!  About one every two days.   I have this pile by the front door to bring to the post office today and send off to my sister for her cabin up in Maine.  They are good vacation reads!

In addition to reading lots of mysteries I did some internet-stress-shopping last week.  I'm blaming this latest delivery on the pain-killers....this pile of fabric works as well as the pills do!

5 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Great stack of books which speaks to moments of rest. I'm glad for the proof of it! ;) You're voice is funny this AM! and I think the fabric works wonders.

Janet O. said...

Borders on Ribbon Candy? That means it is almost a flimsy. How exciting! I love that quilt and can't wait to see the final outcome.
Your fabric therapy is beautiful--what an explosion of gorgeous color!!

Loris said...

Goldie must think you need to read more :-) Love the fabric finds!

Tonya Ricucci said...

my stress shopping never leads to flowers - just bugs and skeletons. mwa ha ha. there's more that I want to get right now but I'm restraining myself. Some good reads there.

cityquilter grace said...

that would make me feel better for sure....gorgeous fabrics