Wednesday, November 14, 2012

New Mystery

This past weekend I got lots of quilt-backs pieced.  It was the last step towards getting some quilts out the door to the long arm quilter.

It is amazing how many tops had joined the que since our last quilt show!  One of the big impetuses for this was Bonnie Hunter's next mystery quilt.  I couldn't let myself start another one until the last one (yes, that was a year ago!) was finished.  So I fixed that one corner of my Orca Bay, the backing was washed and pressed, and it is all ready to be quilted!

With that I allowed myself to play in the fabric stash and pull for Easy Street.  Fun colors.  I also stopped at Hancock's for their Veterans Day sale to do a bit of stash building for E.S. (I used a lot of green this year!  Fabric that is...)

Wouldn't you know it I ran into two other quilters visiting from near Columbia  S.C. who were also planning to participate in Bonnie's mystery quilt!  Amazing who you will meet if you just carry those paint chips around a fabric store!

Anyway, I think I am set except for the grey.  I don't have much yardage in this color.  Lot of fat-quarters and some solids...guess I'll have to keep looking!

11 comments:

Janet O. said...

Your "paint chip" comment made me laugh. That would definitely be telling, to see those in someone's hand.
Those colors are gorgeous, but I have so little of them. I will be choosing my colors after the mystery is revealed and I see what I can use from my stash. : )

Teresa in Music City said...

Isn't it fun shopping for the new mystery? I had all my fabrics in the stash, but that doesn't mean I don't take my paint chips in when I shop to see if there is something that needs to be added :*)

Candace said...

Love your fabric choices. I can't wait to see how this is going to look!

Frog Quilter said...

Hey, your fabrics are beautiful. Was wonderful to meet you on Veterans Day. Liz

Marj said...

I am going to Mary Jo's tomorrow with a group from my guild in Aiken. I will be picking up gray for my Easy Street mystery and a few fat quarters of the other colors. Your selection of colors are looking good.

AnnieO said...

The color palette is quite bright this year and looks to be modern and fun. Enjoy!

antique quilter said...

looks like a great new bunch of greens there! love these fabric choices....
can't wait to see a few blocks,
did you ever post about the books you bought at lincoln? I haven't been around blogland the past few weeks....trying to catch up!
kathie

Betty Lou said...

Your color choices are fabulous, will have to go over to Bonnie's blog and check it out. No one does scrappy like Bonnie Hunter.

Jenny Watson Blogs said...

I like your Mystery very much thank you for sharing.

Military Challenge Coins

Purple Pam said...

Your fabric choices for the new BH mystery are wonderful. Glad your guild presentation went well. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

judith lockhart said...

Your fabrics look great. I'm actually going to try and do the mystery quilt this year. What I am really lacking is gray. Must go shopping to find it soon so I won't get behind.