Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pre holiday craziness!

So only a few days until Thanksgiving and my plans have all gone topsy-turvy, catawompus, or just generally turned upside down and sideways....
                                                                   Set of vintage blocks that I'm putting together...
What was going to be a quiet few days in Charleston and Edisto Beach has turned into a home-stay holiday complete with weekend guests and a full table for dinner!  Yikes...
                                                                          Sprigs and Stars in process....
So today I am making the lists (love lists!) and am preparing for a week of cooking and cleaning  (love cooking...cleaning, not so much)...which means projects like the sprigs and stars in the photo above need to get off the dining room table, into a box, and then hopefully somewhere that I can find them again the first week of December.  How I wish I had a larger studio! (but don't we all!!!)

The good news is I did find some of the mint chocolate chips for my favorite holiday cookies - Mint Snowtops!  They only distribute these around the holidays so I have to stock up when I find them!

Poor Mac...all this activity has already worn him out.....

10 comments:

regan said...

Sorry your lovely, laid-back plans have changed.....but it will be fun anyway, right? And I'm like you, I stock up on that seasonal stuff....cuz you just never know what you're gonna want to make in June! lol

Janet O. said...

Wow, that is a total turnaround! Hope you are able to do it all without overdoing.
Love Sprigs and Stars!
I've never noticed these chips. Now I will have to go looking.

Angie said...

Love your bowties and sprigs and stars. They are so lovely. I've never seen the Mint Chocolate Chips---will have to look for those. :)

Gypsy Quilter said...

Mint chocolate chips? Oh wow! Would I actually have to make cookies with them, or could I just eat them straight from the bag. LOL Enjoy your company.

kelley said...

Sprigs and stars has a wonderful start...very inspiring!

Quiltalicious said...

Wow - love those bowtie and star quilts! The models with the quilts are adorable.

Oh, and YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!!!
http://serial-quilter.blogspot.com/2012/11/ive-been-tagged.html

cityquilter grace said...

i'll be on the lookout for them..the mint chips i mean

June said...

I started a bowtie quilt some time back. Hand piecing it, using "whimsical" fabrics (like Garfield, or large veggies!). It'll be a fun quilt! I love your Sprigs & Stars!

Tonya Ricucci said...

love the bowties. danger, do not show me those mint chocos. remember to take it easy - don't wear yourself out!

antique quilter said...

happy Thanksgiving , enjoy your company , hmmm maybe having all this company means leftovers and a clean house so you can sew like crazy next week :)
love your stars and sprigs so far
Kathie