Thursday, February 08, 2007

Snow!!!



This morning we got the first snow of the season. It is beautiful! When we got up this morning there was already about 2 inches and it is continuing to come down. A great day to stay in and quilt...at least I think so. Macbeth on the other hand just wants to get out there and run through the neighborhood! You would think he had never seen snow before. He is so short legged that after a few minutes of playing in the snow it all bunches up around his paws and he ends up looking like he has a poodle cut because of the snowballs around his paws! Needless to say the cats have not ventured beyond the windowsills and are spending most of their time curled up in front of the radiators.
I'm going to make a batch of chili and a cornbread and call it a day as far as cooking is concerned. (mayabe I'll get to making a batch of brownies...) I want to finish at least 3 more blocks for the quilting group. We met yesterday and I felt I was only one step ahead! I'd prefer to get the top finished by the time we meet again...ok at least 12 blocks done!


4 comments:

Melanie said...

All the puppy needs is a red bow and you've got the perfect christmas card... Beautiful pictures...

Lois R. said...

Oh, the snow looks so beautiful and Macbeth looks so happy! What's better than a dog in the snow?

Sharon said...

Macbeth & my Bogart (my Westie) would make great pals --- they would both turn into snow pups! I have to laugh because Bogart likes to make Puppy Angels by lying on his back & wiggling. Unfortunately we haven't had any amount of snow for him to do that.

Have a wonderful day & thank you for the smile!

His Office, My Studio said...

It is so cute to see the dog running and playing in the snow. My dogs just love it. Max is also low to the ground and the cold hurts his paws.

Chili sounds good for dinner. That is what we had last weekend when it snowed and was very cold here in Illinois.