Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What day is it anyways...


Only a few more days until the quilt retreat...I keep finding projects and adding them to the pile in the Dinind Room to bring with me. Seperation anxiety? If I don't have my bags of fabric, boxes of beads, bags of every color thread, and at least a half doxen needles for every possiable application then my mouth gets dry and my hands shake. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Last year I packed a dozen projects for three days and only one pair of socks...at least in the middle of the woods you can wash out your socks but where are you going to find a bright blue batik when you need it!

The photo is my bright strippy star that was also in the show this past October. I fashioned it after a 1920's pastel quilt in my collection. Funny my husband couldn't understand why I would make one "just like" one I already had...have I mentioned his issues with color?!

8 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Oh, I sooo love this quilt. Course I love the original too. Issues with color, yeah, I'd say so. Definitely more important to have the fabric and supplies than the socks. you could always wrap fabric around your feet if you really needed to, but can't quilt with socks. Well, you could, but that would be a different kind of quilt.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

This is the man that didn't mind having only one lens in his eyeglasses, remember? :cÞ

I love the bright happy fiesta feel of this quilt!

Can't wait to see ya at retreat!
Bonnie

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh my GOSH! I LOVE this quilt and normally I am a very earthy color type person! But if I'm going to go bright I LOVE lime green and this is so awesome!

I am so jealous of you and Bonnie going on retreat! I feel like it is just about time for me to go on another one - and i was just at one in Nov!

Welcome to the group! I'm glad Bonnie talked you into it!

Finn said...

Hi, just dropping by to say welcome to the Mavericks web rings..*VBS* Anytime you want to talk "eyes" stuff...I'm here *VBS*

Lucy said...

Welcome to the mavericks !! I love your stripstar quilt. A pattern what is in my mind to do . ! Your bright colors make me happy:c)

Anonymous said...

A very mouth-waterine quilt - fantastic!

Samantha said...

That is so pretty! Lovely!

Catherine said...

This is one I want to make as well. Yours is great...perfect color picks.