Thursday, January 25, 2007

This and that


I am going a bit crazy trying to get packed to go out of town for a few days. It seems as if I am trying to put everything into two small bags. Half of what I am hauling I am sure I will never touch until I am home unpacking again.

One of the projectrs coming along is the large hexagon top. I'm trying to decide on what to do to finish this one off...believe it or not I am getting tired of hex's!

The sampler class is going well. We did the first block this week. In the end I will have two sampler quilts - one cowgirl and one roses. The cowgirl one is going to my niece in New Mexico. Not sure what will happen with the roses. They are cutting into the stash though which should make the move back to the states in a couple of years a bit easier! (back to packing again...I think my brain is finally focused on something....)


It has been really cold the last few days but the sun has finally started to stay around a bit longer. Brownie found the brightest spot in the house and claimed it for her own. Sun and some soft quilt blocks and she is one happy cat!

9 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

seems like everyone is making string blocks! they look great and apparently are "kitty approved"~
hope your trip out of town is for quilting!

sewprimitive karen said...

Cats always know how to get warm and comfy, the darling good kitties.

quiltpixie said...

so take along an extra bag, and never open it, you'd hate to "forget" something :-)

His Office, My Studio said...

I always take to much with me too, but I have to have it. Your string blocks are great and with the kitty seal of excellence.

Unknown said...

Cats are so clever :o) always finding the warmest spot

Lois R. said...

Wow, your strings are beautiful! And Brownie is looking pretty happy!

so glad to see you posting again so frequently...

Jenni said...

I'm having the same dilemma too with finishing my hexagons. I will watch and see what you do. I am thinking about slicing the edge off to make a straight edge to add a binding in the usual manner.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wonderful to see Brownie so content. Hope you had a relaxing holiday and have come back with loads of energy.

Rae said...

My fur baby always has to lay on the blocks I lay out even if it would be sunnyer or warmer somewhere else.